Do You Need Cosmetic Dentistry For Your Chipped Tooth?
At Medora Dental Care, a dental clinic in Abbotsford, we strive to provide you with a smile that is healthy and aesthetically pleasing through a variety of cosmetic dentistry services, including repairs to a chipped tooth – or teeth. Treatment depends on the tooth’s location, and the type and extent of the injury it has suffered. Restoration procedures commonly used with chipped teeth include dental bonding, filings, crowns, and in cases where the nerve in the tooth’s pulp is exposed, root canal treatment may be needed. But before we go there, let’s look at some different degrees of chipping, and how they are treated:
- Very small chips at the edges of teeth may be fixed simply by polishing them with dental instruments to remove rough edges. These chips frequently occur near the biting surfaces of the front teeth.
- Small to moderate chips can often be repaired via dental bonding. In this process, your dentist will restore lost tooth structure by applying special high-tech materials to the tooth surface. The bonding material, a mixture of plastic resin and glass fillers, is strong, anchors firmly to the teeth, looks extremely lifelike, and can usually be performed in just one visit to the dental office, making it an economical treatment.
- Porcelain veneers, which replace the whole front surface of the teeth with a hard, wafer-thin covering, are a more permanent alternative.
- A dental crown (cap) restores the tooth to its full function and aesthetic appearance. A dental crown should be saved if possible to be rebonded.
- A broken tooth can be a serious condition that may involve sharp pain and bleeding, and requires quick action. Above the gum line, the tooth can often be saved; below the gum line, treatment becomes more complicated, and extraction may be necessary with a dental implant which can deliver functional and lifelike prosthetic teeth.
Contact your trustworthy and reliable dental clinic
If you are concerned about a cracked or chipped tooth, or any of Medora Dental Care oral and dental health services in Abbotsford contact us at our office at 604-746-1295 today to book an appointment.