We are now offering a range of routine, preventative and oral hygiene (cleaning) services!
We have fully re-opened our office with revised hours of Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm and are scheduling everyone as soon as possible.
We would like to express our sincere thanks for your support and patience during this time as our team members adapt to the new protocol of our office. Read on to find out how we are doing our very best to ensure the health and safety of our community:
What you will see in our office:
- Please don’t be alarmed if you see some of our team members wearing enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) such as N95 masks, face shields or gowns. The type of PPE worn depends on the treatment our amazing team members are involved in at the moment.
- Any unnecessary, high-touch items such as magazines, video games, beverage stations, etc., have been removed from the waiting room to reduce cross contamination from patient to patient.
- In areas where physical distancing is more difficult, such as at our front reception area, glass barriers have been put in place.
- To continue social distancing measures, we have set up a virtual waiting room for patients to wait outside/in car and text upon arrival. Two days prior to your appointment, you will receive detailed instructions – stay tuned!
Prior to your appointment:
- Everyone visiting our office, whether for an appointment or accompanying a loved one, will be required to complete a pre-screening questionnaire at home. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or are directed to self-isolate, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that only one parent or guardian accompany our younger patients to their appointments. Our adult patients are asked to come unaccompanied, unless required for assistance.
- To minimize person-to-person contact, we are offering contactless billing. We are currently only billing credit cards on file and are not accepting cash, debit or credit card in-person.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Also, keep in mind that due to extra safety measures in place, appointments may take longer than usual, so please allow yourself extra time in our office.
Upon arrival for your appointment:
- Please text/call our office before entering; we will advise you whether you need to wait outside or in your vehicle so that we can ensure physical distancing measures are followed.
- If not already completed, we will ask you to complete the required COVID-19 Patient Consent form prior to coming inside.
- Upon entering, we will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer.
- All patients and visitors to our office will be required to wear a mask while in the office, other than when receiving treatment.
- HanHand sanitizer will be provided and required to be used prior to entering the office.
Thank you from all of us at the office for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We hope that you and yours are well, and we look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!
Medora Dental Care Team